Wednesdays at 2:15 p.m.
$350 non-members | $250 members
Rules & Requirements
• Guests ages 6 and older only. A ratio of one adult for every two children is required.
• Only one group is permitted to reserve each booking time. Please be sure to include your entire group at the time of booking, as each time slot is reserved and closed once it has been filled by a group.
• Each group can have a maximum of six people.
Additional Penguin Tour Information
• Tour meets at the entrance to the PPG Aquarium.
• 30-minute behind-the-scenes tour
Click here to make a reservation
Wild Encounters General Guidelines
• Due to the unpredictability of working with live animals, the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium reserves the right to cancel or reschedule Wild Encounters at any time. All tours are scheduled based on animal and staff availability. Cancellation for health and safety reasons are made at the sole discretion of the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. In the event of a cancellation, the Zoo will contact you to reschedule as soon as possible.
• All tours are guided walking tours; guests will not board a tram or other vehicle.
• Guidelines of established age ranges and maximum number of guests are non-negotiable and strictly enforced.
• Please plan to arrive at the designated meeting area 15-minutes prior to the tour start time. Tour times are fixed. Late arrival will result in a shortened tour experience.
• We are unable to accommodate strollers during Wild Encounters.
• All guests are required to wear closed-toed shoes (no sandals or high heels) in behind-the-scenes areas.
• Wild Encounters participants must have a signed Waiver of Liability before beginning the tour. Participants under 18 years of age must have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
• Food and drink are not permitted in any behind-the-scenes areas.
• For safety reasons, service animals are not permitted on behind-the-scenes tours.
• Interaction with or touching of the animals without explicit direction from a Zoo staff member is not permitted during Wild Encounters.
• Other restrictions may apply.
Wild Encounters Scheduling Information
For reservations please contact 412-365-2545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.