This position is responsible for painting all Zoo facilities, equipment and machinery.
Essential Job Functions :
- Prepares surfaces of buildings, furnishing, equipment and machinery for paint application (cleans, scrapes, sands, putties, etc.);
- Mixes and applies appropriate paint to prepared surfaces,
- Properly erects devices used in preparation for and application of paint,
- Operates work related equipment including sandblaster, sprayer, air hammer, etc.,
- May direct work of laborers or others on assigned projects,
- Repairs and maintains vinyl, ceramic, rubber and carpeted floors.
- Repairs and installs plaster walls.
- Makes minor repairs to rubber roofs.
Other Functions :
- Performs activities and functions of related lower-level personnel and such other related tasks and duties that are assigned or required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Position requires three to five years painting experience and the ability to read and write to perform the essential function of the job. Carpentry knowledge and the ability to change locks is preferred. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and show proof when requested;
Position works indoors and outdoors and is exposed to outdoor weather conditions. This position can be physically demanding and requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.